As 2023 comes to a close and we reflect on what has been an amazing year on the pitch we’ve also decided to have a look back at what the wider areas of the club have been up to.
To say it’s been a busy year in our Community department is an understatement but we know how important the club is to the people of West Cumbria and we are determined to offer the best service we can to everyone.
We thought a simple list was the best way to highlight our achievements so please read on:
- 3 Star FA Accreditation
- 550 Grassroots Mascots for 1st team games
- 3600 man hours in local schools with Reds in the Community
- 1000 Junior Membership Cards for local school children
- 210 boys and girls in our Academy pathway
- 1 brand new Ability Counts squad
- 26 New players in that Ability Counts squad
- 4 trophies won by them too
- 450 local Grassroots players at the West Cumbria Youth League Finals weekend
- 50 children per day average at our RITC Holiday Camps
- 60 children per week at our Little Kicks Sessions
- 12 external organisations/charities supported
- 1 Christmas Toy Appeal
- 4 finals hosted for Cumberland FA/ Sunday League
- 1 League game hosted for Winscales FC
- 650 Runners at the Workington Festival of Running and subsequent monthly events
- 1 State of Mind Sport Mental Health session delivered
- 1 new club Mission Statement to reinforce our commitment to all the above and even more for 2024
It doesn’t stop there we already have ambitious plans to develop this side of the club further.
We are open to working with any local groups or sports clubs going forward so please get in touch if you think we can help.
You can contact us at: email@example.com