We are pleased to announce the running order and relevant times for events on our Football Festival & Open Day at Borough Park on Saturday, June, 26.
With free admission, the day will begin at 9:30am as our doors open and entry will be allowed through the Tony Hopper Bar.
Any sponsored walks can then commence around the terraces.
At 10am, our first walking football exhibition will take place.
Following this at 11am, the first-team will have a light training session on one half of the pitch, while Reds Juniors matches take place between 10am and 12 noon.
For the next half-hour, our first-team will face off against Reds Juniors in what should be a fun match.
Once the game is done, a family photograph of all the club’s teams will be taken.
At 1pm, it will be time to eat while another walking football exhibition takes place on the pitch.
From 2pm, our Q&A session with assistant Steven Rudd, our first-team captain, Reds in the Community’s Brian Dawson and chairman David Bowden will begin.
And finally, at 3pm, Workington Reds Ladies will face Allerdale Wildcats in a charity match in memory of former captain Andrea Buggy and to help raise money for Every Life Matters.
You can support the fundraiser here.
- 09:30am • Doors open (entry by The Tony Hooper Bar only)
- 10am-11am • Walking football exhibition
- 10am-12pm • Reds Juniors football games
- 11am-12pm • First-team open training session
- 12pm-12:30pm • First-team vs Reds Juniors
- 12:30pm-1pm • Workington AFC official family photograph
- 1pm-2pm • Free meal and drinks for all juniors (another walking football exhibition on the pitch)
- 2pm-2:45pm • Q&A session with first-team manager Danny Grainger, assistant Steven Rudd, our first-team captain, Reds in the Community’s Brian Dawson and chairman David Bowden
- 3pm • Workington Reds Ladies vs Allerdale Wildcats charity football game in memory of Andrea Buggy
Food and soft drinks will be available from 10am, with alcohol being served from 12:30pm.
To end the day at Borough Park, European Championship round-of-16 matches will be shown live in The Tony Hooper Bar (kicking off at 5pm and 8pm, respectively).
We hope to see you there!