Workington moved the short distance from their previous home, Lonsdale Park, to their present Borough Park headquarters in 1937.
The new ground wasn’t quite ready for the start of the new season so Reds played their first two league matches at the Ellis Sports Ground, home of the town’s rugby union club.
Then, in late September 1937, football kicked off in the new surroundings and Borough Park has been our home for the best part of eighty-three years since.
But, just before our 50th anniversary on the site, the seated area in the stand was declared ‘out of bounds’ and demolition of the upper building, as a consequence of the Bradford City fire, truncated the structure.
It has remained so for the past thirty-two years.